Riverside Baptist Church is seeking a Senior Pastor who can lead and guide the Body of Christ to be more fully devoted to becoming a Great Commission church with a Great Commandment heart.
The primary work of the Senior Pastor, as he faithfully devotes himself to Scripture and prayer, shall be to lead the church in glorifying God, equipping the saints and evangelizing the lost through his love of Jesus Christ and His Church.
We seek a Pastor whose personal character is marked by the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), who can fulfill the qualifications of a Pastor found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, and who demonstrates the following leadership and skills:
PREACHER/TEACHER OF THE WORD
- Preaches, teaches and communicates with excellence the truth of the Word of God.
- Speaks effectively to both believers and unbelievers with sermons and teaching that have spiritual depth and life transforming application.
- Provides pastoral leadership and guides us to a deeper level of spiritual growth as individuals and as a church.
- Fosters strong emphasis on personal and corporate prayer of the congregation, as prayer is one of God’s means of manifesting His presence among His people.
- Provides wise pastoral care to members of the congregation in crisis, in pastoral counseling, and in preparation and leadership of weddings and funerals.
STAFF LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Leads, develops, evaluates, equips and empowers the staff to be accountable to and aligned with the church’s mission.
- Gives leadership and spiritual oversight to the ministry staff and empowers them to develop lay leaders.
FOCUSED ON OUR MISSION OF REACHING PEOPLE AND MAKING DISCIPLES
- Understands the biblical narrative of God’s redemptive mission, has a heart for people without Christ, and models a lifestyle of personal evangelism and participation in local, national and global missions.
- Leads and equips our church to be more effective in sharing our faith.
- Teaches and models what it means to be a disciple of Christ and leads us to be more intentional in spiritual growth and more involved in making disciples.
- STATEMENT OF FAITH
- Subscribes to the doctrinal statement of the “Baptist Faith and Message” as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000.
- An earned degree from an accredited seminary
- Between the age of 35-50
- 5+ years of experience as a pastor or staff member
Send resumes to email@example.com