For a congregation of about 120 persons with a blended worship style. Our worship experience is more contemporary than traditional and uses a praise team and praise band.
OBJECTIVE: To provide the leadership for the church in accomplishing RCC’s vision and purpose moving people toward Praise and Worship. To help all of us exalt Jesus Christ whose name is above every name.
Passion: A Born Again Christian who must have a sincere heart for Worship.“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name.” Philippians 2:9; Psalm 34:3 “O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.”
- Spend quality and consistent time with God for personal spiritual growth and direction and to discern God’s vision and guidance for the church, particularly for areas of responsibility.
- Serve as the key leader/director of Worship Ministries at RCC.
- Cooperate and work with the Worship Committee and Senior Pastor to develop a well-rounded program.
- Work with Outreach Committee in planning Outreach events.
- Responsible for schedules for worship, specials, choir, praise team, sound, technology, etc.
- Supervision over worship team including occasional choir, choir musicals and cantata’s. They are responsible to select music, lead and direct the choir.
- Plan Weekly Worship (Use Worship Committee and Pastor as guides) (Must have plan to secretary by Wednesday morning of each week)
- Report weekly to the Senior Pastor regarding programs, schedules and activities
- Is responsible for the overall stage design and set up for special worship events, and tearing down stage sets after the program or worship service is over.
- Full cooperation and loyalty to RCC and Staff.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
- The position reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
a. Worship Leader shall provide regular reports to the Senior Pastor regarding programs, schedules, and worship plans.
b. Specific work hour schedule and any flexibility determined by the Senior Pastor.
- The Worship Leader is to be familiar with and to stay in compliance with all RCC policies, procedures, and teaching doctrine.
- Must arrive early every Sunday morning for practice with praise and worship team and for prayer over the service.
- Work a minimum of fifteen hours each week.
Education: College degree in a related field preferred.
Experience: Two (2) years experience in Worship Arts Field.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong voice
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fosters teamwork
- Proven multi-tasking abilities
- Time management skills
- Ability to read music and understand music language.
Worship Committee: One of the responsibilities of this committee is to give support and help to the Worship Leader.
If interested contact Tony Weiger, Senior Pastor at Riverchase Community Church at firstname.lastname@example.org